One of the most common misconceptions about liposuction is that you can go back to your pre-procedure habits and lifestyle and all will still be okay.
While liposuction permanently removes fat cells from targeted areas – like the abdomen, for example – to give your body a natural contour and shape, there are fat cells present in the rest of the body.
Liposuction, therefore, cannot be held responsible for those fat cells that are still in your body. Only youare responsible.
This is why it is critical that you re-think your lifestyle and make positive changes to maintain good fat-to-muscle ratio. Thetransformation is a whole lot easier after a liposuction procedure, because seeing your new, improved shape will give you the determination you need to stay on course with a fit and healthy lifestyle.
Below, we will give you a few tips that will help you on this post-lipo journey. Not just the shape of your body – your mind and spirit will also benefit from these adjustments, and you’ll feelbetter than you ever did!
# 1: Drink More Water
• Make a conscious effort to increase your water intake to at least 64 ounces per day. It may seem hard at first but once you push through the initial barriers, it will become a habit. Drink water before a meal. It will make you feel fuller and help you eat less. Water not only helps you burn more calories it reduces the body mass index (BMI) as well.
# 2: Stick To An Exercise Regimen
• Once your surgeon gives you the go-ahead to exercise after liposuction (usually after two weeks), create a workout regimen for yourself. Think about a variety of options and choose the one that seems more interesting than others because it will help you stay with the program. Aerobic exercises, resistance training and yoga are all very effective choices.
# 3: Compensate For A Sedentary Life
• No reason to be bound to a desk even if your job is a sedentary one. Stretch your legs every 20-30 minutes. Walk more around the office. Get a standing desk instead of a sitting one. Walk to the grocery store instead of driving. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Play active games like fetch with your dog. Do some sort of exercise while you watch TV instead of sitting on the sofa.
# 4: Change Your Relationship With Food
• Think of food as less of a comfort and more as a source of nutrition. Make a conscious effort to break your co-dependency on unhealthy foods and stop stress eating. Don’t practice starvation diets but eat small quantities throughout the day. Never skip breakfast, because it gives your metabolism a kickstart first thing in the morning.
# 5: Reduce Stress With Spiritual Exercises
• Practice meditation for example. Write affirmations in a journal. Draw a and put it in a place where you can see it every day. Doing daily self-improvement activities like these will not only reduce stress and help you achieve your weight maintenance goals, they will keep you grounded in the present. The less you live in your head and try to stay in the present, the easier it will be to stick to this awesome new life you are building after your liposuction procedure.