Cosmetic surgery is very much in the spotlight in 2019, and there are principally four reasons why it is enjoying such a moment in the beauty, health and wellness world this year.
First, it’s the technology itself, which is improving every day with new and enhanced procedures that deliver amazing results. Second, people are perceiving themselves through the lens of their own social media accounts, and wanting to stay photogenic and beautiful in the best way they can to be interesting to their followers. Third, the days of “grandmother facelifts” are definitely over and even 20-somethings are finding solutions in cosmetic surgery clinics for non-invasive treatments that correct small imperfections. And finally, the stigma of plastic surgery is losing its stranglehold on society and few really care to hide their own procedures or criticize the decision of others anymore.
Though the popularity of cosmetic/plastic surgery has increased overall, some procedures are standing out as the big winners of the year. Here’s a rundown of 7 that are trendy and much sought-after, in no particular order. No doubt, they will continue to be relevant as the year rolls on as well:
# 1: Brazilian Butt Lifts
• Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian – and now anyone who has ever looked back and noticed a sag or a droop on the rear end that could use a nice, pick-me-up. 2019 is turning out to be a big year for this procedure that combines liposuction with fat grafting, which means a surgeon removes fat from where you don’t want it and injects it where you do (your butt, in this case) for a more enhanced and contoured look.
# 2: Eyelid Procedures
• Eyelid procedures (Blepharoplasty) that remove fat and folds in the eyelid –a noticeable sign of aging – have gained popularity among both men and women who feel the need to look young and energetic for professional reasons, as a younger generation joins the workforce and challenges their relevance. It’s incredible how loose or sagging eyelids can communicate tiredness and advancement in age, and Blepharoplasty is a go-to procedure to re-energize the facial feature that define us the best: our eyes.
# 3: Lip Injections
• Big, full lips never go out of style, and women continue to flock to surgery clinics in 2019 to transform their faces with more lips than they ever thought possible. Injectables, containing fillers like Juvederm or one’s own body fat, are applied into the lips (after a topical numbing agent to make the process more comfortable) and voila! Deliciously full lips that rival the pair Kylie Jenner won over the world with. All done and complete within the lunch hour!
# 4: Breast Reduction
• Whenever people think of breast surgery, they usually think augmentation. But 2019 is a year when reduction is a smart choice for women who feel encumbered by their large bust line.
# 5: Laser Facial Treatments
• These super quick ways to have celebrity smooth skin in a painless procedure that only takes minutes, is going down well with women who want to get rid of sun spots, dull skin and large pores. Just a wave of a laser wand for a red carpet glow. Ask Jennifer Aniston. The Friendly lady cannot say enough good things about laser facial treatments that keep her skin looking ageless and beautiful, year after year.
# 6: CoolSculpting
• For those looking for a non-invasive alternative to liposuction, CoolSculpting may just be the answer! Not a new technology, but a lot of women are wising up to the fact that diet and exercise don’t always target problem areas like belly fat, double chin, love handles etc. and taking the CoolSculpting route to get rid of unwanted fat accumulating under the skin.
# 7: Laser Lipo
• Yet another fat-melting procedure that’s fast gaining popularity. The process involves blasting fat with a low-wave laser to liquefy it, and then removing all that excess through a slim tube. Liquefied fat is a lot easier to remove — and sometimes you don’t even need to remove it (in areas like face and neck) when the body eliminates it naturally.
# 8: Liquid Face Lift
• Liquid Facelift is a non-surgical procedure that uses injectable gel fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm, to lift facial features, reduce folds and wrinkles, and create a tightened, more youthful look that can last for up to two years.
Ready to make 2019 the year of your Makeover?