Plastic Surgery by Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Breast Augmentation, also referred to as mammoplasty or breast implants, is a procedure with the goal of giving you larger, fuller breasts. Dr. McIntosh recommends Breast Augmentation to patients who are in good health and looking to correct small, uneven or misshapen breasts.
- 1-2 hour procedure with minimal downtime
- Strategic incision placement results in minimal to nonexistent scarring
- Saline and Silicone implants offered
- Recovery varies from patient to patient, but reduced activity level for a few days post surgery helps to speed up the recovery process
Breast Reduction surgery is often performed on women who have unusually large breasts that make it difficult to perform everyday activities. These women may suffer from chronic back, neck, or shoulder pain as a result.
- Surgery time varies. Patients are monitored for couple of hours post surgery in recovery.
- Fat and tissue is removed from the breasts via incisions and in some cases, liposuction is used.
- The results from breast reduction surgery are typically permanent; however, the breasts may become larger again if a woman gains an excess amount of weight or becomes pregnant.
- Mild pain and sensitivity are normal post surgery. Some patients experience light bruising, but this tends to go away after a few days.
Dr. McIntosh recommends a Breast Lift for those looking to correct your saggy, droopy breasts that have lost their natural shape.
- 1-2 hour procedure with little downtime
- Excess skin is removed via incisions that are made in the body’s natural folds. Scarring is limited and usually decreases over time.
- Patients desiring fuller looking breasts may consider combining breast lift and breast augmentation surgery.
- Individuals experiencing saggy or droopy breasts due to genetics, pregnancy, weight fluctuation and aging may be excellent candidates for a breast lift.
An abdominoplasty, also called a tummy tuck, provides a solution to patients who are looking for a toned, flat belly. A tummy tuck surgery is a procedure that carefully removes the excess skin and fat from the abdomen.
- 3-4 hour procedure. Recovery time can range from 4-6 weeks.
- Excess skin, fat and tissue that compose the belly bulge is removed.
- Weakened abdominal muscles are repaired to produce the desired flatness and tight contours of the stomach.
- A tummy tuck procedure is recommended for people who have extra skin around their abdomen.
- Women who have been pregnant
- Weight loss victors, aging men and women
The facelift procedure is a bit different for every patient. For most patients, the procedure will tighten sagging skin, including the jowl area if it is excessively loose. Dr. McIntosh works with his patients individually to determine the best course of action for optimal results.
- Procedure can take up to eight hours, though in most cases, is considerably shorter. Some recovery time is necessary, but results are noticeable immediately.
- Skin is freed from the underlying tissue and then pulled back and up.
- Excess is removed, giving the patient a more taut look with diminished wrinkles.
- Ideal candidates include individuals who are in good health both physically and psychologically, are at or near their ideal weight and are seeking long-term results.
Does a large or misshapen nose impact your self esteem on a regular basis? A Rhinoplasty or nose job can give you the nose you have always wanted, both functionally and aesthetically.
- 1-2 hour procedure with minimal downtime. Results are noticeable immediately.
- The nose is resized or reshaped through an incision made in the nostril, leaving no visible scarring.
- Recovery may include slight swelling or bruising.
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical technique designed to sculpt or contour an area of the body to produce a more youthful or smooth appearance.
- Treatment time varies depending on the areas being treated. Minimal recovery time allows most patients to return to normal activities within 2-3 days.
- Patients will notice that the results of their liposuction therapy will continue to improve in the weeks following the procedure.
- Liposuction treatments are most effective on patients with youthful, elastic skin.
Dr. Bryan McIntosh regularly performs body contouring through liposuction on many regions of the body, including:
- Abdomen and waist
- Flanks (area surrounding pubic bones)
- Thighs and calves
- Neck and chin
- Male chest
- Underarms (bra rolls)
Procedures for Men
Concerns men have with their body image can be similar to those of women. Breast, body and facial procedures and surgeries are all applicable to men. Plastic Surgery procedures for men include, breast reduction, liposuction, facelift and more.
- Breast reduction in men delivers smaller, more defined and toned looking breast. It also can reduce saggy breasts due to aging or weight loss.
- Liposuction can be done to remove stubborn fatty deposits. Body etching can also be done by liposuction to more fully define muscle contours.
- An eyelid lift removes baggy skin and tightens heavy skin around the eyes.
- The skin of the face and neck can be toned to reduce jowling and to provide a sharp angle at the jaw and neck lines with a neck and facelift.